How are you doing? Today I bring you an update on my life, something that has been going on for a few months now but it only feels right to talk about it now.
For a few years now it was my desire to take a Styling course, so I could help people dressing better and feeling better about how they looked. And last May I finally did it! I searched and searched for the best course there was and finally discovered it. So classes began in May and ended in the beginning of this month. It was an amazing experience and I learnt so much, I cannot wait to share it with everyone else!
I learnt a bit of everything:
- Styling: different body types and how to properly style them; analysing the client’s needs; colour testing; dress codes for different occasions; the different styles there are; personal shopper; closet cleaning; trends and basics.
- Make-up: the classics (red lips, smokey eye, beauty make-up and eyeliner).
- Career and Image: how to build an image that boosts the career; team work; problem management; leadership; how to behave in events.
- Management and Fashion: Show Rooms; imports and exports; multi-brand VS mono-brand; sales analysis.
- Customer Service: different types of clients and how to deal with each one of them.
- Fabrics: existing types and how to properly use and treat them.
While I was taking this course, I got to participate in a campaign that is happening in Portugal that I do not believe I can tell you about just yet, but I will as soon as I can 🙂 I also got to do some styling work for a TV programme, they wanted some looks that were appropriate for Summer Festivals. I leave you with some pictures of the looks we created 🙂
I can now style people (either – extra – ordinary people like us all or celebrities) for an event or if they want to change the way they dress, I can help a corporation with their employees’ image… It was truly a lovely, enriching experience that will (hopefully) allow me to do what I really feel passionate about: styling people!